This was my first time taking only my iPhone on a trip and I gotta say I loved it. I know myself and if I would've packed our big camera I wouldn't have remembered or even wanted to take it on outings because it's just such a hassle to lug around. I used a Popsocket on my phone to help me grip it better especially while we were walking, I highly recommend if you have butter fingers like me!
I can't say enough good things about our time in Barcelona. The people were kind, the food was incredible, the architecture and street art was so charming. I can't wait to travel back to Spain and explore other cities. Looking thru my journal of our time in Spain, I'll never forget the amazing city views from La Sagrada Familia towers, the incredible and relatively inexpensive wine, our espresso and pastry day-dates, sleeping in and staying out late and El Xampanyet- our favorite place we ate, run don't walk here if you visit Barcelona!
Most of all, we loved the El Born neighborhood that we stayed in. I can't recommend it enough to anyone who'd like to explore a vibrant part of the city on their own because it's extremely walkable and the amount of things to do there is endless. The restaurants and bars are plentiful and it's really hard to pick a bad place. We genuinely felt like a part of the community here and were never bored, priceless if you ask me.
See the end of this post for specific food and sightseeing highlights from our trip!
Some of our favorite bits of Barcelona
- La Sagrada Familia
- Picasso Museum
- the Santa Maria del Mar basilica
- the El Born Cultural center
- the Arch de Triumph
- Park Güell
- Marbella Beach
- El Xampanyet- best tapas we had all trip (and we had some incredible tapas)!
- Diset- such good wine!
- El 58- unique french fusion tapas
- 7 Portes- paella and wine was great but service left something to be desired
- Lola Bakery- pizza here is SO GOOD. we ate here twice. I'd recommend the margherita slice!
- Hofman Patisserie- our favorite bakery and it was located next door to our airbnb, we would wake up to the smell of baked croissants- literally!
- Tapeo- delicious tapas and great wine selection
- Morelia- incredible Argentinian food
- Las Fritas- best fries, always order the brava sauce!
- Llamber- gastropub, order truffle gnocchi if they have it- sooo rich and delicious
Spain has been a dream destination of mine since I can remember and I'm still on cloud 9 knowing that I was able to travel there with my love. I'll treasure this trip for ever and ever.
I'm going to share a final post about our second half of the trip in Paris- another seriously dream come true! Stay tuned, friends.
Thanks so much for reading!