This weekend has been a little cray-cray for us. On Saturday evening, we came home to our dogs having gotten into some dark chocolate I had mistakenly left on the coffee table. Our small dog, Biff, started showing signs of toxicity after we fed him his dinner so we called the emergency vet hospital and they advised us to come in right away because of his size. Luckily, it hadn't spread thru to any organs & they were able to treat his severe upset stomach and let us take him home to be monitored. He slept great & has been eating/acting like normal since. Biff is such a tough dude. We're so happy he's okay, we were super stressed until we were able to see him and I felt horribly guilty for leaving that chocolate out in the first place. But now we're just grateful both dogs are happy and healthy (our other dog Lucy basically has an iron stomach and has shown no signs of being affected by any chocolate she may have eaten). Also, on Saturday, we noticed a huge branch had snapped from one of our big backyard trees and was hanging over our back patio- out of no where because it has not stormed recently. Dave had to deal with that clean-up, chainsawing and whatnot (he said he thinks the branch was close to 100 lbs, yikes). Just so relieved it didn't fall on anyone or anything. It wasn't all stressful mishaps though, we did do some fun stuff this weekend like go to ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewery Co.) with friends and we had the tastiest New Orleans style snow cones from Casey's New Orleans Snowballs on what felt like the hottest day in Austin so far this year. Now, I'm going to drink some wine and watch Game of Thrones with our friends and wish tomorrow wasn't Monday.
Thanks for reading and happy GoT night!